Thursday, June 27, 2013

A Note to set the Tone!

It was a bright Sunday morning with the sun shooting out its unlimited quiver full of penetrating photons through the window blinds while I tossed in bed uneasily trying to dodge those few photons that pierced through the comforter.....truth be told...I believe "blesseth are thee who sleepeth 12 hours a day cometh famine or flood".....therefore the very thought that the next day entailed staring at blank faces and their 1microsecond artificial smiles in the bus for a couple of hours followed by staring at the "telescreen" at work so aptly described in George Orwell's 1984... I was yearning for that "Garfield the Cat" moment of peace and satisfaction before I could muster up the courage to get off my bed and  allow time to start ticking...I have always thought I could control time....the Timekeeper....something like the "Keymaster" in the Matrix movie.....as diabolical as it may sound, how awesome would it be to be able to control time even for other individuals...maybe turn back time for the blank faces in the bus...so that I can travel alone....lost in thought...staring at the geese cross the road at their own leisure pace...got to love their swagger...much to the wrath or agony of impatient motorists trying to whizz past without a single ounce of consideration....give the ducks and the geese a break!!!!....they have been standing and walking around all day...without any shoes and now on the hot asphalt..........and then the inevitable happened ....BURST or like the old Batman and Robin series ...POW...WHOOP...BAM..SLAAAAM......there goes my bubble....for some unexplained reason I left my Skype account signed in and my nieces call in to their favorite uncle....a short while later another inexplicable moment where I am staring at the webcam trying to gather the attention of my nieces while they disperse and divert their attention to something more "interesting" rather than a mundane Homo sapien trying to root them to the telescreen....doctors recently have exploited this the world over and developed another of their money making abbreviations...ADD....the attention span is smaller than that of the half life of the 113th element...okay...I do  digress and from time to time and find solace in science. Well since I was out of bed already and it gradually seemed to be moving away from me at warp speed....like in the "Big Rip"..I decided to treat myself to some stimulant concoction and start the machine....but it was not to be.....I soon found myself pacing up and down my room with coffee in hand and a brain-freeze....not even the anti-freeze termed coffee could revive the engine for a little while....I lay down exhausted staring at the ceiling .....that is until....I set my sights on HER.....lying by the far corner of the bed all curled up....her smooth skin glistening as the photons bounced off of her....and extending this invisible hand and wagging her index finger at me asking me to come to her.....selfishly, I woke her up and she rested her curves perfectly on my laps....groggy at first...but soon progressed to exquisite adagio as I played along the nape of her neck....we conversed deeply for a few instants interspersed with moments of silence lost in thought..... losing track of time till reality knocked....but those few hours in her company appeared to have set the tone for the rest of the week...my "Garfield Monday Blues" surprisingly vanished....and looking forward to a lifetime of such precious moments with her...the self proclaimed "Timekeeper" marched on...to conquer the sands of time!......beep! beep! beep! beep!...and the bubble burst again.....Heavy sigh! 

No comments: